The second - albeit relatively self-contained - part of my discussion of the wonders of Steve Ditko and Stan Lee's unwittingly proto-psychedelic Doctor Strange is now available over at Sequart Publishing. (Part 1 / Part 2) In it, I attempt to discuss matters of urgent importance to the future of our poor beleagured world such as;
- why the rotten-to-the-core uber-capitalist swine that was Stephen Strange didn't need the slightest trace of empathy to embrace the role of Earth's sorcerer supreme,
- what the hidden secrets of the Marvel Universe were that Strange's mystic studies revealed to him,
- what the "sorceror's code" that Strange occasionally referred to actually involved,
- why extra-dimensional aliens come distinctly second where Strange's ethical beliefs were concerned, and,
- the extremes he was willing to descend to in order to protect the people of his home planet.